The best crema layer at the twist of a knob
Select up to two! Compare now
DESIGNED AND MADE IN ITALY
Guarantee of premium quality and a neverending passion for the art of espresso making.
STAINLESS STEEL BODYWORK
The fully stainless steel bodywork enriched by an exclusive anti-touch finishing makes Babila a masterpiece of technology and bold Italian design.
Thanks to the beverages menu you can manage and customize the 11 available beverages as you prefer. Depending on the selected drink, you can choose aroma, body and temperature of coffee, coffee and/or milk length, the pre-brewing level and adjust the milk froth.
Babila brews 5 pre-set coffee and milk-based beverages at one-touch, for an always impeccable in-cup result.
INTEGRATED MILK CARAFE & AUTO CLEANING
The integrated milk carafe froths the milk twice to remove all bubbles and impurities. The result is a perfect froth, always at the right temperature to make flawless cappuccinos and other milk-based drinks. Moreover, the automatic cleaning thoroughly cleans the milk circuit without the need to empty the carafe.
This feature gives you the unique possibility to personalize the intensity and flavour of your espresso. Create a tailor-made result by choosing the quantity of ground coffee per cup among 5 selections.
100% CERAMIC ADJUSTABLE GRINDERS
The resistant 100% ceramic grinders extract the purest essence from coffee beans, preventing overheating and burning. This material guarantees long-lasting performances, silence and the best in-cup result. Select among 15 options to customize your espresso, from the finest grind for a strong taste, to the coarsest for a lighter coffee.
ESPRESSO PLUS SYSTEM
Discover a wide spectrum of tastes at the twist of a knob. Turn it right to reduce the speed of flow and get a full-bodied espresso with a luxurious thick crema layer, or left to increase the speed and taste a smooth and lighter flavor.
GROUND COFFEE OPTION
In addition to the coffee beans option, an easy solution to brew different ground coffee blends, included decaffeinated.
REMOVABLE BREW GROUP
Easy cleaning and maintenance with the removable brew group that can be washed under the tap and re-inserted easily at its place. This permits a thorough cleaning of the machine and the best in cup result every time.
The two boilers reduce the waiting time between brewing the espresso and dispensing steam to froth milk.
BEVERAGES IN CUP QUALITY
EASE OF USE
MATERIALS, FINISHING AND DIMENSIONS
If you prefer to obtain excellent results in a fast way, a superautomatic machine is what suits you the best. Equipped with a patented brew group, makes espresso, cappuccino and other hot beverages just by pressing a button, that can be customized as you prefer in a few easy steps. Moreover, the integrated 100% ceramic grinders let you have freshly ground coffee at every use and preserve all the aromas. While, if you like to relive the barista rituals at home, a manual machine is the right choice. Learning how to make an impeccable espresso requires care and practice, but it is definitely worth it.
The machine has default settings, but you can easily make your personal and customized espresso just by following these simple suggestions:
1. Always select high quality blends. Blends with Arabica are characterized by a higher acidity and a more aromatic flavor, while blends with more Robusta have a stronger taste.
2. Be sure to turn the machine on a few minutes before using it, so it can properly warm up. This guaranteees a perfect extraction of all coffee aromas.
3. Use the Optiaroma function to set the quantity of ground coffee used. It is possible to select among 5 different settings: light, medium, strong. Press the button or select the option in the drinks menu.
4. Regulate the crema layer and the texture of your espresso by rotating the SBS knob on the frontal panel. Turn left to have a richer crema layer and a stronger espresso, or turn right for a lighter and delicate taste.
5. Set the length of your espresso through the drinks menu. For a traditional Italian espresso, set it to 30ml.
6. Activate and regulate the pre-brewing for an even more intense flavor. A first hot water shower moistens the ground coffee before the actual brewing, so to extract all coffee aromas.
7. Adjust the grind size among the 15 available selections by pushing and turning the knob inside the beans container, only when the grinders are working. For a stronger taste or for light roasted beans, choose a finer grind, while for a lighter taste or dark roasted beans, select a coarser grind.
It is possible to adjust the grinder settings by pushing and rotating the knob inside the coffee beans container, one notch at at time, and only when the machine is grinding. You can choose among 15 different settings, from 1 – the boldest (for light roasted coffees) to 15 – the lightest (for dark roasted beans). You will taste the difference after 2-3 brewings.
A correct grinding is fundamental to make the authentic Italian espresso: not too coarse or you’ll get a watery coffee and not too fine or coffee won’t come out. Moreover, different beans react best with different grind sizes. Optiaroma allows to regulate the amount of ground coffee used per cup, for a light or strong taste according to one’s preferences. Adding more coffee makes it harder for the water to go through, slowing down the extraction time and resulting in a stronger coffee. Pre-brewing affects the intensity, and could be set to have a stronger coffee. With this process, ground coffee are moistened with hot water for some seconds before the actual brewing, releasing a wider range of aromas.
We suggest to use whole cold milk (at circa 5° C / 41° F), with a protein content of at least 3% and a fat content of at least 3.5%. Proteins will incorporate air in the cream, while fats will make it dense and steady. Also semi-skimmed cow milk, some lactose-free milk and soy drink are proven to deliver a good result.
Enter the “beverage menu” by clicking this button , select the drink you want to customize, adjust the available settings (coffee aroma and temperature, coffee and milk length, quantity of milk foam, pre-brewing) by scrolling up and down with the arrows, then confirm with the “V” button.
– Coffee and milk length: press and hold the button of the selected beverage for a few seconds until “MEMO” appears on the display. When the desired quantity has been reached, press “STOP”. The length is memorized for next uses.
– Coffee aroma: click the button with the coffee bean , select the level from 1 (light) to 5 (intense)
This automatic rinsing cycle – that happens when the machine is switched on or goes in stand-by mode – is necessary to keep the circuits always clean and to heat the coffee circuit to guarantee an extraordinary result from the first use.
Scale is a normal consequence of using the machine, and it depends also on the quality of the water you use. It is necessary to descale the machine when the display alerts you to proceed. We suggest to follow the step-by-step procedure illustrated in the instruction booklet and to use only the GAGGIA descaler that is especially thought especially for our espresso machines.
To descale your Gaggia coffee machine use only the Gaggia decalcifier, a unique solution made to ensure excellent performances of the machine throughout time. Vinegar and any other descaling agents must be avoided. Never use descaling agents based on mineral acids such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid and sulfamic acid. These descaling agents may damage your coffee machine’s pipe and tube system.
Gaggia Babila is compatible with Aquaclean water filter. This new patented technology protects the machine against scale and makes the descaling process easier.
Drip tray, drip tray plate, coffee pucks container, water tank, pannarello, cappuccinatore, CappinCup and milk carafe are removable and should be washed under tap water, with a bit of dish soap, but no abrasive substances nor solvents. The removable brew group must be washed with no soaps. The drip tray plate can be washed also in the dishwasher.
The information on this page applies to the following models: