1. Press the steam button
2. After 15-20 seconds, the steam temperature indicator light turns on
3. Turn the steam/hot water knob slightly counter-clockwise to eliminate any condensation from the wand, then close the knob again
4. Place the jug, half-filled with cold milk, under the steam wand
5. Place the steam nozzle just below the surface of the milk – avoid touching the bottom of the jug – and keep it close to the edge of the jug with an appropriate angle to produce a vortex
6. Turn the steam dispensing knob counter-clockwise to let the steam come out. To froth the milk correctly, the steam nozzle must always be in contact with the milk and not with the froth
7. Once the desired frothing has been achieved, the steam nozzle must be pushed further to heat the milk well
8. Close the steam knob by turning it clockwise to stop dispensing steam, and remove the jug
9. Press the steam button
10. Let it rest for around 30 seconds to obtain a velvety texture.
To deep dive in the art of cappuccino making, watch the Gaggia Home Barista Academy video and learn all the barista’s secrets!