The machine has default settings, but you can easily make your personal and customized espresso just by following these simple suggestions:
1. Always select high quality blends. Blends with Arabica are characterized by a higher acidity and a more aromatic flavor, while blends with more Robusta have a stronger taste.
2. Be sure to turn the machine on a few minutes before using it, so it can properly warm up. This guaranteees a perfect extraction of all coffee aromas.
3. Use the Optiaroma function to set the quantity of ground coffee used. It is possible to select among 5 different settings: from light to strong. Press the button; the new setting will be saved with the first espresso brewing.
4. Set the length of your espresso via the MEMO function. For a traditional Italian espresso, set it to 30ml.
5. Activate and regulate the pre-brewing for an even more intense flavor. A first hot water shower moistens the ground coffee before the actual brewing, so to extract all coffee aromas.
6. Adjust the grind size among the 10 available selections by pushing and turning the knob inside the beans container with the end of the measuring spoon, only when the grinders are working. For a stronger taste or for light roasted beans, choose a finer grind, while for a lighter taste or dark roasted beans, select a coarser grind.