HERITAGE MEETS TECHNOLOGY
Select up to two! Compare now
DESIGNED AND MADE IN ITALY
Guarantee of premium quality and a neverending passion for the art of espresso making.
PRESSURIZED "CREMA PERFETTA" FILTER HOLDER
The pressurized “crema perfetta” filter holder guarantees a delicious and long-lasting crema naturale.
For an enhanced taste, the pre-brewing system moistens the ground coffee before the actual brewing. This permits the extraction of a full bouquet of aromas.
Gaggia Carezza Style is equipped with a classic pannarello. Unleash your inner barista and prepare delicious milk-based recipes in a few seconds, or dispense hot water to make tea and infusions.
GROUND COFFEE AND COFFEE PODS
Gaggia Carezza Style comes with a coffee filter with 1 or 2 cups of ground coffee, and a special filter for coffee pods, if you prefer the pre-dosed method.
The machine alerts you when it is time to descale it, to ensure a perfect maintenance.
The machine activates an automatic rinsing cycle of the coffee circuit when you turn it on, or when it automatically shuts off. This ensures a better cleaning of the parts and a longer product life.
STAINLESS STEEL CUP WARMER
The stainless steel cup plate benefits from the warmth produced by the machine and keeps your cups always ready.
BEVERAGES VARIETY AND IN CUP QUALITY
EASE OF USE
MATERIALS, FINISHING, DIMENSIONS
If you’d like to relive the traditional barista’s rituals at home and be the protagonist of your espresso, a manual machine is the best choice. Learning how to make an impeccable espresso requires care and practice, but it is definitely worth it. Thanks to the pannarello, you can also prepare creamy cappuccinos and experiment the “latte art” easily, as well as dispense water for teas and infusions. In this way, you will have a personal “coffee corner” at your home. If you prefer to obtain excellent results in a fast way, a superautomatic machine is what suits you the best. Just by pressing a button, it makes espresso, cappuccino and other hot beverages that can be customized as you prefer in a few easy steps. Moreover, the integrated grinder lets you have freshly ground coffee at every use.
The pressurized “crema perfetta” filter-holder guarantees and keeps the right pressure to get perfect in-cup results anytime, regardless your level of expertise. While the traditional filter-holder has the same size, ring and style of the professional ones, thus it requires more practice, ability and care for all the involved elements. By paying attention to all details of the barista’s ritual – from the type of blend to the grinding, from the pressure used for tamping to the correct position of the filter-holder in the group – you will obtain an authentic espresso, like the one you taste in an Italian bar.
Both the filter-holders are pressurized, but the one of Carezza Style is made in aluminum and plastic, while the one of Carezza Deluxe is a double-walled stainless steel filter-holder, made to obtain even warmer and creamier espressos.
The Gaggia manual espresso machines offer the possibility to use paper pods. To get a good in-cup result, it is fundamental to follow the procedure illustrated in the instruction booklet. Be sure to use the correct filter (traditional filter for 1 cup) and standard pods (44mm).
1. Choose the blend you like the most and be sure that it is an high quality selection.
2. If you decide to use coffee beans, grind them at the right size: not too coarse (or water will flow too fast) and not too fine (or water will not flow)
3. Insert the “crema perfetta” filter for ground coffee in the filter-holder
4. Put 1-1,5 servings for a single espresso or 2 for 2 cups using the ground coffee doser
5. Slightly press with the back of the ground coffee doser. It is not necessary to press too much, as the pressurized filter-holder has a system optimized to brew a perfect espresso anytime
6. Remove any coffee residues from the edges of the filter-holder
7. Turn the pressurized filter-holder from left to right until it locks into place. Release the pressurized filter-holder grip. The handle will turn slightly to the left. This movement guarantees optimum filter-holder performance.
8. Press the coffee button to start the brewing process
9. When you get the desidered in-cup quantity, press the button once again to stop the brewing process. Now your espresso is ready!
To get an even warmer espresso, we suggest to follow these three little tips.
1. Turn on the machine a few minutes before using it, so it can heat properly and get ready to use.
2. Keep the clean filter-holder locked to the group – not too tight – both during the heating phase and after cleaning. This preserves the temperature and avoids termal shocks.
3. Pre-heat the cups by placing them on the cup warmer or dispense a bit of hot water with the pannarello on the cups, then wipe them with a cloth
We suggest to use whole cold milk (at circa 5° C / 41° F), with a protein content of at least 3% and a fat content of at least 3.5%. Proteins will incorporate air in the cream, while fats will make it dense and steady. Also semi-skimmed cow milk, some lactose-free milk and soy drink are proven to deliver a good result.
1. Place a cup under the pannarello
2. Press the steam button. When the light is steady, the machine is ready to dispense steam.
3. Turn the steam/hot water knob slightly counter-clockwise to eliminate any condensation from the pannarello 4. close the knob again and remove the cup.
5. Place a jug, filled for 1/3 with cold milk, under the pannarello
6. Turn the steam dispensing knob counter-clockwise to let the steam come out. Move the jug slowly, up and down, to heat the milk evenly, and turn the knob clockwise.
7. Once the desired frothing has been achieved, close the steam knob by turning it clockwise to stop dispensing steam, and remove the jug.
8. Press the steam button
For more details, please follow the procedure in the instruction booklet
Yes, you can use mineral still water or tap water. Avoid sparkling water as it can negatively affect the brewing process.
Before you use your Manual Espresso machine for the first time or in case the internal circuit has run out of water, you need to flush/prime the machine with fresh water. Here below the easy instructions to follow:
1. Rinse, fill and reinsert the water tank
2. Turn on the machine by pressing the button and wait for the “coffee” led to turn on, steady
3. Place a container under the pannarello and open the knob by turning it clockwise
4. Dispense the whole water tank and close the knob
5. Fill again the water tank and place it back
6. Lock the filter-holder correctly
7. Place a container under the pannarello and click the “coffee” button. Dispense only a cup of water, stop the dispensing by clicking again on the “coffee” button
8. Repeat to empty the water tank.
The machine is now flushed/primed and ready for use.
Scale is a normal consequence of using the machine, and it depends also on the quality of the water you use. We suggest to descale the machine every 2 months and/or whenever you notice a reduction in the water flow. We suggest to follow the step-by-step procedure illustrated in the instruction booklet and to only use the Gaggia descaler that is especially thought especially for our espresso machines.
To descale your Gaggia coffee machine use only the Gaggia decalcifier, a unique solution made to ensure excellent performances of the machine throughout time. Vinegar or other descaling agents must be avoided. Never use descaling agents based on mineral acids such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid and sulfamic acid. These descaling agents may damage your coffee machine’s pipe and tube system.
In order to properly clean the filter-holder you need to:
1. Remove the filter that is installed
2. Wash the filter under tap water (not in the dishwasher)
3. Wash the inside of the traditional filter-holder under tap water (not in the dishwasher).
Filters must be kept clean to guarantee an every day perfect result. If you notice a malfunction when brewing coffee, immerse the filters in boiling water for 10 minutes and then rinse them with running water. For a more thorough cleaning, use the Gaggia oil remover tablets.
It is possible to remove the water tank, the pannarello, the drip tray and drip tray plate. We suggest to wash them under tap water and to delicately wipe them with a clean cloth. We advise against washing these components in the dishwasher.